Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dare To Be Different.




We all know that last Monday, May 14, 2007 was the day of the local election and I'm not a registered voter yet. So instead of bumming around I volunteered myself for the ABS-CBN and STI Halalan '07 Partial and Unofficial Quick Count.
I registered to be a volunteer 3 months ago, and yes I am enrolled at STI kaya nga ako nakasali diba.


May 14 comes and the call time was at 1:00pm but hubby and I got there [school] at around 12:30pm. Himala ba at hindi ako late, dala siguro nang sobrang excitement. We [hubby and I] are assigned at Bagong Pagasa Elementary School as a FIELD TABULATOR [hubby] and DATA TEXTER [yours truly], trust me on this one I thought that being a DATA TEXTER would be an easy job rather than being on the field and tabulating the votes on each 5 or 8 precint that will be assigned to you.


But I was wrong, I don't know but I'm so intoxicated. Come to think of it from 3pm until 12am or 1am the only thing that I would do is to text all the total votes of each 37 [or was it 38] running senators, 4 running congressmans and of course Mayor Belmonte's votes [oo, kahit na wala siyang kalaban at sure win na siya, bibilangin pa din yung boto niya], tapos i-times mo pa sa 5 kasi bawat data texter 5 ang hawak na field tabulator. Super textmates nga kami ni 2331, kasi bawat maling computations mag-re-reply si 2331 na meron error, basta I won't elaborate more further because it will be too complicated to understand.


I promised myself that I would not be using my phone for texting for a month or so. hahaha! super trauma ang inabot ko. But you know what, even if it [the work] was too intoxicated and I'm too wasted to take my pictures, I still find it [the work again] very fulfilling and very satifying and of course super fun na din.


It would be too exaggerated to say but the feeling, para akong nasa langit lalo na kapag naiisip ko na kahit na hindi ako registered voter meron akong nagawa at na-contribute and for once in my entire life I did make a difference. Hahaha! Sabi ko naman sa inyo e, when I step into the world of the 20s I will make a difference. Gusto mo nang proof na sinabi ko yun, then go check out my older post I'm not sure but the title would be AS I TURNED 20.


I must say that I'm so proud ot myself for doing such a difference not just to myself but for the country as well. Sana pwede pa ako ulit sumali next election kahit na hindi na ako nag-aaral sa STI, and really STI do really make it happen. Hahaha! kamusta naman ang pag-endorse ko sa school, pero totoo yun yung slogan nang school e, STI MAKE IT HAPPEN.


Ewan, I'm still on high.


PHOTOS ON THE HALALAN '07 ARE POSTED ON MY MULTIPLY ACCOUNT

Parang ang dami naman nang pictures ko diba, hahaha! super konti lang talaga, sige try mo mag-picture habang nag-te-text.




Oh and speaking of making a difference. I did make changes on my blog template, although I'm still not posting the new one and as you can see I'm still using the old one that I got from Blogskins.com. The reason why the new one is not yet up because I would really appreciate your comments.


Here's the screenshot of the new template that I've been working on.





Well, as you can see I still stick on the old color scheme of black and pink. But I guess, the new color scheme are either more lighter or somewhat darker than the old one. Of course, the header did change a lot kasi picture ko na talaga ang nakalagay, hahaha. Still confused, I totally need all you opinions.


What can you say about the new template?


PS: CLICK HERE to view the template clearly. medyo super thumbnail na e.

0 comments: