Saturday, December 8, 2007

GPS TRACKING KEY

Since it's already out last stop in thesis, I'll be suggesting a good thesis proposal for the upcoming Computer Science students who will be taking up the thesis this semester or maybe next semester.

I heard that the Transaction Processing Systems (TPS) are not allowed already on thesis and because I have some friends from the lower year who are currently taking up Thesis 0 they keep on asking me to help them on their proposal. So what I did is research on the internet for a Non-TPS system that is easy and kind of already existing so they will have an idea on what to do about it.

Guess what I found on the net, a GPS Tracking Key System. It's like that famous Google Earth but more interesting because it will exactly show you the precise location of things plus it can record the position and let you store that recorded data for future purposes. Here's also a great deal the hardware or should I say interface had gone through extensive engineering and testing to ensure that it qualifies the S.M.A.R.T. criteria from both lab and the field. Well, this is it. The GPS TRACKING KEY surely qualifies the S.M.A.R.T. criteria.

Why am I recommending this for thesis because I guess none of the alumni on our school have done this kind of system yet and it would be a great idea to let them start with something new and something fresh, right. Besides, it’s not a TPS anymore; it's more like a GIS.

Hopefully their panelist would also agree and choose the idea because as I've said it is something new and a really must try to do. If I'm going to be their panelist I'll definitely pick the idea and maybe they can be proclaimed as the best thesis when they graduated.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GPS tracking is slowly changing the surveillance industry. But the cost is getting lower. As it becomes more available for personal use, people should be aware of privacy laws before using these kinds of devices. That in itself should be plenty to write about for your thesis.